Effective Date: November 9, 2018
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Online Analytics and Tailored Advertising
- Notice Concerning Do-Not-Track Signals
- Information Access
- How We Protect Information
- Communication Choices
- Linked Sites and Services
- How to Contact Us
- The Information We Collect.
How we collect and store information depends on how you use the Services. Several categories of information are collected from you or the device that you use to access the Services, as described below.
Information You Provide
We may collect information you choose to provide to us when you use the Services. This may include your name, email address, phone number, and zip code, as well as any other information that you choose to provide. If you enroll in our rewards or membership programs, or purchase a ticket online, you may have to provide us with additional information including billing information and financial account information, and, to administer these programs, we may track your purchase and attendance information. You also may have the opportunity to provide us with certain demographic information such as your birthday, the theaters you visit, and what movies you like. The decision to provide us with information is optional; however, if you elect not to provide certain information, you may not be able to access certain content or features of the Services, and we will nevertheless collect the automatically collected limited information described below.
The following are examples of times when you may provide us with information about yourself when you engage in various activities on the Services, including when you:
- Enroll in one of our membership or rewards programs;
- Log-in to your account;
- Create or edit your user information;
- Complete an online form, such as a party booking request;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Contact customer support; or
- Enter contests or sweepstakes.
Automatically Collected Information
We may also automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices you use to access the Services, even if you are not logged in.
Device/usage information. We may automatically collect certain information about: (a) the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, such as: IP addresses, unique device identifiers, browser types, browser language, operating system, Internet service provider; and (b) clickstream information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, language, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, and error logs. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Location information. When you use our mobile apps we may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information, advertising, and features. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
Cookies and other electronic technologies. When you use the Services or view our emails, we and our vendors use persistent and session cookies and other similar technologies (such as Web beacons, pixel tags, and clear GIFs) for various purposes including to: (a) analyze use of the Services; (b) customize the Services to your preferences; and (c) control the advertising displayed on the Services, as well as advertisements that may be displayed on other websites. Cookies are files that websites and email services may send to your computer or device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, researchers, and others.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
- How We Use the Information We Collect.
How we use your information to try and improve your experience:
- Provide you with the services and products you have requested and send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- Customize the content and advertising that you see on the Services;
- Notify you about new features of the Services, special events, special promotions (e.g., birthday gifts), and send you newsletters;
- Generate and review reports and data about our user base and Services usage patterns;
- Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services and perform research regarding our users and how they use the Services;
- Improve the content and features of the Services and develop new services;
- Provide you with e-mail or direct mail marketing communications about our products and third-party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Help prevent fraud and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services; and
- Administer and troubleshoot the Services.
We may combine information that we collect from you with other information we obtain from third parties and any other product or service we provide to further improve the relevance and effectiveness of products, services, and advertisements offered on or through the Services.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure.
We may share your information under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that help us deliver the services you request, such as credit card processors, marketing providers, analytics providers, data management services, web hosting, and web development. We furnish service providers with the information needed for them to perform these services.
- Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
- Online Analytics and Tailored Advertising.
Online Analytics. We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those provide by Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser by clicking here.
If you are interested in more information about tailored advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer or mobile browser to deliver tailored advertising (i.e., not just for the Services), you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s WebChoices Tool to opt out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
- Notice Concerning Do-Not-Track Signals.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
- Information Access.
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change information in your profile. The information you can view and update through your account settings may change as the Services change.
- How We Protect Information.
- Communication Choices.
- Linked Sites and Services.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information (as that term is defined in the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use the Services or send any us any information. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verified parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the contact information below.
- How to Contact Us.