Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question? Review the list of most frequently asked questions below, to see if yours is listed. If not, please contact us today and we’d love to help.
If you have questions specific to our Rewards programs, you can review our Rewards FAQs here!
Q: Who qualifies for a CHILD ticket?
A: Guests 11 years old and under. Children under 2 are free at Emagine if held by an adult (lap child). If the child requires a separate seat, a CHILD ticket must be purchased.*
Q: Who qualifies for a SENIOR ticket?
A: Guests 55 years+ qualify for a senior ticket.*
Q: How old do you have to be to see an R-rated movie?
A: Guests must be 17+ with valid ID to see an R-rated feature without a parent or guardian. No children 6 years old or younger will be admitted to any R-rated film.
Q: Are there any age restrictions for theatre admittance?
A: No person 15 years old or younger will be admitted after 9 p.m. unless they are accompanied by a parent or adult guardian who agrees to be responsible for the conduct and safety of the underage guest. Management, in its sole discretion, retains the right to modify this policy at anytime. Children 6 and under are not permitted in R-rated films at anytime.
*Senior and child ticket offer varies by location, and by time of day. Please contact your local theatre for details.
**Please check with local theater for specifics. Emagine Royal Oak, Emagine Novi, Emagine Canton, and Quality 10 Powered by Emagine have theater specific hours and age restrictions.
Q: Do you offer Military Discounts?
A: Emagine offers a military discount to all active military or veterans. The discount can only be honored for in-person ticket purchases after presenting a valid ID. The discount is currently $1 off the full movie ticket price and can be extended to only one (1) additional guest. This discount is only valid for Evening Showtimes
Q: Where can I get tickets?
A: Tickets are available at all box office and kiosks for same location only. Tickets for all locations are available online at www.emagine-entertainment.com or through our app where you can download at the Google Play store and the Apple store
Q: When can I get tickets and showtimes for an upcoming feature?
A: Current and upcoming features are listed on the website here. Some features will have select shows available for advanced tickets, while full schedules are available on Tuesdays for Friday releases. If you have questions regarding specific upcoming features, playdates and locations, reach out to us here.
Q: What is a Special Engagement?
A: Special engagements are features that play in addition to the regular theatre schedule. Some offers and pass restrictions may apply to special engagements. If you are unsure if your feature is classified as a special engagement, see the manager on duty at your local theatre or contact us here.
Q: Why aren’t there movie times past Thursday?
A: The new movie week begins on Friday and showtimes are updated by 5 p.m. Tuesday for the upcoming week with the exception of midweek and holiday releases.
Q: What is Premium Large Format (EMX, Monster, Super EMX)?
A: Find out more about PLF here.
Q: Are Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals allowed?
A: Per ADA and state guidelines, Service Animals are allowed in our theaters. For further details, please visit https://www.ada.gov/topics/service-animals/. However, per the ADA, Emotional Support animals are not considered a Service Animal and are not allowed to be brought into a theater.
Q: How can I purchase gift cards?
Gift cards are available at all Emagine locations.
If you would like to order an online card, you can do so here. Please note this is a third party website. If you are experiencing any issues or if you have a question for online gift cards please reach out to their customer care: 877-GC MALL1 (877-426-2551) or email [email protected].
You can purchase a gift card at any box office starting at $15.
Q: How can I check my gift card balance?
Q: How can I purchase bulk tickets?
A: We offer Premiere tickets sold in groups of 100 for corporate promotions. Please contact us here.
Q: Can I use my gift card online?
A: Yes, we do accept gift cards online. We are working on partial payments (gift cards and credit cards) at this time.
Q: Can I use my gift card at any Emagine location?
Q: Can I return a gift card?
A: Gift cards are non-refundable.
Q: Will my gift card expire?
Q: What are my parking options at Emagine Royal Oak?
A: Parking is available on the surface lot or the parking structure.
– Royal Oak Police Department monitors the surface lot and Emagine Entertainment is not responsible for collecting payment on the lot.
– Payment can be made at one of the available outdoor kiosks or through the “ParkMobile” app.
– Parking is $5 flat rate all day.
– When entering the structure you can print a ticket or provide a credit card to track your stay.
– Payment is collected at the gate as you exit the structure
– Parking Vouchers can be issued to Emagine guests who park in the structure.
* Loyalty members will receive an ivory-colored ticket that covers the full $5 cost.
* Non-Loyalty members will receive an orange-colored ticket that discounts the parking to $2.50
If guests have any trouble with their parking, they can call for help at any kiosk and they will be connected with a customer service rep.
Q: How can I get a refund or exchange my tickets?
A: Please see below for refund opportunities:
- Refunds are available online via the Emagine website for tickets purchased through a credit card on our website and are only valid for refund requests made more than 1 hours in advance of movie start time. These refund requests are only valid for purchases made wholly by credit card and without Free Loyalty or Platinum tickets. Check your confirmation email for further details. Please click here to complete an online refund.
- Refunds for tickets purchased with a credit card for a movie less than 1 hours prior to start time will be fulfilled through providing you with a pass per purchased ticket. You must come into the theater within 24 hours for your showtime’s start to obtain your pass(es).
- Refunds are available through our Mobile App for tickets purchased, while logged into your Rewards account, by means of a credit card through our Mobile App if the refund is request is made more than 1 hours in advance of movie start time. Please go to your Purchase History, find the transaction you wish to cancel and select View Receipt. At the bottom of the receipt select Cancel Booking and confirm your cancelation.
- Transactions using a non-credit card payment type must be done in-person prior to your movie’s start time, with proof of purchase.
- For tickets purchased on Fandango, Atom, and other third-party sites, please visit the third party’s website to complete your refund.
- Ticket selection cannot be altered after purchase. All alteration must be done through a refund and repurchase of your tickets.
Q: What allergens are present in the food preparation?
A: While there are no peanuts in any of Emagine’s prepared food items, other top allergens can be found in our kitchen including wheat, egg, milk, soy and gluten. Please ask your local Emagine for location-specific allergen information. You may also view the latest Emagine Allergen List here.
Q: What are the calorie counts for popcorn?
A: Calorie counts for classic theatre popcorn* and OlivEpop* are as follows (*without butter):
- Small Combo (44oz) – 370 Calories
- Small Popcorn – 690 calories
- Medium Popcorn – 810 Calories
- Large Popcorn – 1060 Calories
Q: What ingredients are in the popcorn?
A: Ingredients in popcorn are:
- Popping Oil Ingredients: Corn Oil, Coconut Oil, Artificial Butter Flavor, Artificial Color (Beta Carotene), TBHQ and Polydimethylsiloxane
- Butter Flavoring Ingredients: Highly Refined Soybean Oil, Beta Carotene, Buttery Flavoring, TBHQ & Polydimethylsiloxane
Q: What ingredients are in the optional popcorn toppings?
A: Ingredients for optional popcorn toppings are:
- Real Butter Topping Ingredients: Fresh Pasteurized Cream
- Seasoning Salt Ingredients: Salt, artificial butter flavor, yellow #5 lake (E102) and yellow #6 lake (110)
Q: What ingredients are in the pizzas?
A: Ingredients for made pizza are:
- Kosher Salt
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 80/20 Oil
Ingredients for pizza dough are:
- Enriched Flour
- Corn Meal
- Kosher Salt
Q: What gluten / wheat free options are there?
A: There are many gluten/wheat free concessions items!
- Popcorn (including seeds, popping oil, popcorn seasoning and butter flavored topping)
- Soft drinks (all flavors)
- Bottle water and assorted juices
- M&Ms (plain and peanut)
- Nerd Rope
- Reese’s Pieces
- Sour Patch Kids
- Sour Patch Watermelon
- Care Bear Gummi Bears
- Mild Duds
- Jr. Mints
- Swedish Fish
- Mike & Ikes
- Butterfinger Bites
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks
- Cotton Candy (all Flavors)
Notice: All the candy listed above does not list wheat or gluten as an ingredient. For more information please visit each candy manufactures website to see if they have any additional wheat or gluten warnings that may not be listed on the package. Some candy is exposed to other candy that may include those ingredients.
Q: Do you offer any audio or captioning assistance at your theatres?
A: We have assisted listening devices available for any show at any location that will amplify the audio for the listener.
Select locations offer Open Caption showings every Sunday & Wednesday (Eagan, Frankfort, Geneva Lakes, Hartland, Lakeville, Monticello, Noblesville, Novi, Portage, Rochester Hills, Rogers, Royal Oak, Saginaw, White Bear, Woodhaven and Willow Creek).
We also offer a personal open caption device that sits in the cupholder that can be used for any movie, any showtime.
Q: Do any of your locations offer descriptive video screenings?
A: Several of our locations do offer descriptive video, commonly called VIN (Visually Impaired Narrative). Locations that offer VIN at this time are: Royal Oak (MI), Macomb (MI), and Frankfort (IL). Other MI locations are in process since they require a hardware change. Our Minnesota locations are also equipped with VIN, although some renovation schedules might impede what is offered at this moment.