At Emagine Theatres, we strive to make moviegoing as accessible an experience as possible. Below you will find information on our special screening programs and the accessibility devices available at our theatres.
This sensory friendly special program makes going to the movies a more enjoyable and accessible experience for families, children, and teens on the autism and special needs spectrum.
What does Autism Friendly mean?
- First, it means sensory friendly (lights up a bit, sound down a bit).
- Second, if your child needs to get up, move, dance, sing….. no problem.
- Third, if your child has food allergies or is a picky eater you’re welcome to bring your own “safe” snack for them.
Our upcoming movies are:
*Participating locations: Birch Run (MI), Canton (MI), Macomb (MI), Novi (MI), Rochester Hills (MI), Saline (MI), Frankfort (IL), Rogers (MN), Lakeville (MN)
Our Open Caption showings have audio subtitles on the big screen for all to see. These special screenings take place at select locations on Sundays and Wednesdays.
Our upcoming Open Caption movies are:
- Terminator: Dark Fate
- Last Christmas
- Doctor Sleep
- Charlie’s Angels
- Frozen 2
*Participating locations: Geneva Lakes (MN), Hartland (MI), Lakeville (MN), Novi (MI), Rochester Hills (MI), Rogers (MN), Royal Oak (MI), White Bear (MN)
**Not all locations will have showings for all the days listed, and some locations may have showings on additional dates.
- Assisted Listening Devices, which amplify audio for the listener, are available upon request at all locations.
- Personal Open Caption Devices are available upon request at all locations. These devices are designed to sit in the cupholder and can provide audio subtitles for any movie.
- Descriptive video devices (Visually Impaired Narrative, aka VIN) are available upon request at all locations.