At Emagine Theatres, we strive to make moviegoing as accessible an experience as possible. Below you will find information on our special screening programs and the accessibility devices available at our theatres.
This sensory friendly program makes going to the movies a more enjoyable and accessible experience for families, children, and teens with sensory needs.
What does Sensory Friendly mean?
- First, it means brighter house lights and lower volume.
*Note: there are no modifications made to the film
- Second, audience interaction (movement, speaking, singing) and electronic device (phone, tablet, etc.) usage are allowed.
- Third, guests are welcome to bring a safe snack for any food allergies or food avoidance/restrictions.
Our upcoming movies are TBD.
*Participating locations: Birch Run (MI), Canton (MI), Eagan (MN), Hartland (MI), Macomb (MI), Novi (MI), Rochester Hills (MI), Saline (MI), Frankfort (IL), Rogers (MN), Lakeville (MN)
Our Open Caption showings have audio subtitles on the big screen for all to see. These special screenings take place at select locations on Sundays and Wednesdays.
Our upcoming Open Caption movies are TBD.
*Participating locations: Frankfort (IL) Geneva Lakes (MN), Hartland (MI), Lakeville (MN), Monticello (MN), Novi (MI), Rochester Hills (MI), Rogers (MN), Royal Oak (MI), White Bear (MN)
- Assisted Listening Devices, which amplify audio for the listener, are available upon request at all locations.
- Personal Open Caption Devices are available upon request at all locations. These devices are designed to sit in the cupholder and can provide audio subtitles for any movie.
- Descriptive video devices (Visually Impaired Narrative, aka VIN) are available upon request at all locations.