December 16, 2022
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Took Place Wednesday, December 14
(TROY, MI – December 16, 2022) Emagine Entertainment, Inc. one of the nation’s leading innovators in motion picture exhibition, hosted a Grand Re-Opening Event and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to celebrate the completion of renovations to their Emagine Portage Theatre which is located at 6550 American Way, Portage Indiana 46368.
This Grand Re-Opening was a private event supporting three local organizations: YMCA of Portage Township, Hoosier Burn Camp and the Portage Firefighters Local 3151. “We are privileged to be a part of the Portage community and look forward to working more closely with local businesses and organizations in an effort to help support each other,” stated Anthony LaVerde, CEO of Emagine Entertainment.
The Ribbon cutting ceremony included Portage Mayor Sue Lynch, city officials and members of the Greater Portage Chamber of Commerce along with Paul Glantz, Chairman of Emagine Entertainment, and Anthony LaVerde, CEO of Emagine Entertainment.
“Emagine Theatres have been loved by their movie goers, so we are thrilled for the residents of Portage and the surrounding area that we are able to re-open the newly renovated Emagine Portage. We are excited to bring the Emagine experience to this wonderful community,” said Paul Glantz, Chairman of Emagine Entertainment. “We are delighted with the final renovations for this theatre and look forward to serving our guests in the greater Portage area,” added LaVerde.
Emagine Portage, formerly the Goodrich Quality Theatre Portage 16, opened in July of 2021 and has undergone extensive renovations since February of 2022. Emagine Portage is a 70,000-square foot theatre showcasing the Emagine brand with upscale décor and a host of amenities throughout. The theatre showcases 16 newly renovated auditoriums including a premium large format EMX auditorium, an updated and upscale lounge, enhanced concession stand that will offer brick oven fresh-made pizza, and a relocated and improved full-service bar area.
Amenities at Emagine Portage include:
- All auditoriums feature large Luxury Plush Power-Heated Recliners and Cuddle Chairs, to ensure optimal guest comfort.
- Upscale decor throughout.
- Enhanced Concession Stand offering brick oven fresh-made pizza.
- Elevated lounge area with a fireplace.
- New Ticketing Kiosk in the main lobby.
- Guests can purchase tickets online at www.emagine-entertainment.com or through the Emagine Entertainment app, and choose their perfect seat for the show.
- All 16 auditoriums feature Stadium Seating, which means you have the best and most comfortable movie watching experience. Every seat offers an unobstructed view of the screen.
- Each auditorium is equipped with Digital Cinema Projectors and the ultimate in Dolby Digital 7.1 surround sound with select auditoriums equipped with high frame rate Dolby Atmos® immersive sound.
- The Full-Service Bar offers a variety of alcoholic drinks from hand-crafted cocktails to wine and seasonal beer.
- Features Cheddar Popcorn, Carmel Popcorn, Traditional Popcorn, and OlivEpop, Emagine’s proprietary popcorn prepared with olive oil and sea salt. Emagine also offers a Real Butter topping option.
- All theatres are handicap accessible and equipped with assisted listening and hearing-impaired listening devices.
Emagine Portage is the second location that hosted a Grand Re-Opening in Indiana this week. Emagine Entertainment hosted the Grand Re-Opening of Emagine Noblesville on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. Both locations were acquired by Emagine in September of 2020 following the bankruptcy of Goodrich Quality Theatres earlier that year and have undergone extensive renovations since early 2021.
Emagine Portage is now hiring part-time team members with wages starting at $12 per hour. This fun environment provides flexible schedules and excellent advancement opportunities as well as free movies and popcorn! Visit https://www.emagine-entertainment.com/careers/ to apply today!